When it comes to working out, we are huge fans of workouts that build muscle (muscles are sexy!) and make your everyday life just a little more awesome. Oh, and it has to be FUN. And that’s where the LifelineUSA Jungle Gym XT comes in. One heck of a workout that uses your own body weight and gravity as resistance, the Jungle Gym XT gets results. Read on for why we love this piece of equipment—and even a workout video using the Jungle Gym XT that was created just for FBG readers!
5 Reasons Why We Work Out on the Jungle Gym XT
1. Suspension and functional training is a new trend that gets results. Suspension training is arguably the hottest category in fitness today. According to the American Council on Exercise (ACE), functional training (suspension training) was a top 10 fitness trend for 2010. Until the launch of the Jungle Gym XT, there was only one major player in the category. Now that Jungle Gym XT is all up in the suspension-training game, personal trainers, strength coaches, club owners and us peeps at home have a better choice when it comes to suspension-training equipment. Gosh knows we love ours at FBG HQ!
2. It has a split design. Bear with us while we go a little geeky on ya (it’s important!): Traditional suspension trainers use a “V-shaped” design. This means the two straps are connected at the top, which limits a user’s ability to adjust the width of the straps. However, the Jungle Gym XT incorporates a split design, which means the straps are separated at the top. This allows users to adjust the width and the length of the straps based on the kind of exercise being performed and the desired angles of resistance. The split design gives users enhanced flexibility, increased comfort and a greater variety of exercises to choose from. If you look at the groovy illustration above, you’ll see that with the Jungle Gym XT you have three width options: “V-shaped” suspension (found on traditional suspension trainers), neutral suspension (found in Olympic rings) and wide-angle suspension (found on the Jungle Gym XT). This is pretty much a fancy way of saying, it does everything.
3. Easy-in foot cradles make us feel less clumsy. Most suspension trainers use nylon webbing loops for the foot stirrups, making it difficult to get feet in and out. And I would know, I’ve darn near face-planted using other types of suspension trainers countless times. The Jungle Gym XT uses an open-shaped, thermoplastic foot cradle (see photo at left) that holds its shape and offers users easy, hands-free entry and egress from the system. A true Godsend if you’re clumsy like me.
4. It’s affordable. The Jungle Gym XT offers superior design, more features, and enhanced performance and durability at half the price of traditional suspension trainers. Dude, half the price! The Jungle Gym XT carries a suggested retail price of $99 versus other trainers that retail for $190 to $220. It’s a steal…
5. It just feels good. Unlike some workouts that feel arbitrary or forced, working out on the Jungle Gym XT feels natural and allows you to move through your full range of motion. That may sound strange, but it’s true. It just feels like you’re building strength as you’re meant to—and you actually are! Just another reason why the Jungle Gym XT is FBG approved!
The Jungle Gym XT FBG Workout
Ready to get your Jungle Gym XT workout on? Here’s the workout the good peeps and fitness professionals at LifelineUSA created just for us. So cool—and oh-so effective.
Can’t see the video? Click here for the Jungle Gym XT FBG workout!
A huge thanks to LifelineUSA for such an amazing video! If you’d like to get one of these awesome pieces of equipment yourself, check out their website to purchase one. We promise you won’t regret the investment! —Jenn