6 Ways to Increase Your Metabolism
This post on how to increase your metabolism by Bulu Box (remember to use code FBG411 for a free month — we’re an affiliate!) is a part of our fourth-annual Guest Bloggers’ Week. (Check out all of the inspiring, informative, entertaining and life-changing posts here!)
We all know that our metabolism helps convert what we eat or drink into energy. And no matter how badly we’d like to change it, our age, size and gender all factor into how effective our metabolism is. However, there are some tricks you can do today to rev up your metabolism so that you start burning even more calories throughout the day!
How to Increase Your Metabolism
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Water helps our bodies process calories. So if you’re even slightly dehydrated, your metabolism will slow down. Keep your water intake up by keeping a water bottle on your desk, and make it a goal to fill it up two to three times while you are at work.
2. Build some muscle. Pumping some iron and your increasing your iron intake not only helps get us ripped, but it also increases our resting metabolic rate. This means that even though we aren’t doing anything physically, our muscles are burning 6 calories per pound of muscle a day. It may not seem like a lot, but that can add up over time!
3. HIIT workouts. High Intensity Interval Training is getting lots of praise for good reason. The quick intense exercises jump-starts your metabolism and keeps the calories burning long after you’ve stopped sweating. We love Chris Freytag’s HIIT Training sessions to get our heart rate and metabolism up!
4. Keep it spicy. Add a punch of spice to your meals. Capsaicin, an active ingredient in chili peppers, not only adds a kick to your normal dining experience but also boosts your metabolism. Add a dash or two of cayenne pepper or red chili pepper to your next meal.
5. Pour a cup of coffee. The caffeine in your morning cup ritual can not only wake you up for a morning meeting, but it also elevates your metabolism for a short period. The caffeine is absorbed into the blood stream and provides a metabolic boost that peaks a few hours after drinking. Add a punch of protein to that cup of Joe with Ripped Cream protein coffee creamer!
6. Or try green tea! Green tea, which is high in antioxidants, can help to boost metabolism or you can try a product like Shapeology Burn Blend that is powered with ingredients like Green Tea Extract and DMAE.
How do you increase your metabolism every day?
According to the Natural Standard database, caffeine and capsaicin the effectiveness of them for weight loss is still unclear. For example , capsaicin has been claimed as an active ingredient in weight loss products but the mechanism at which it works is suggested to be through appetite suppression and satiety, increase in metabolism, or carbohydrate oxidation but it still is unclear. Capsicum, itself has not yet to be studied so the effectiveness of this ingredient is not definitive. Caffeine also has mixed opinions on is use alone or in combination is weight loss products.
Build some muscle. This step is reaaly hard. But I’ll do it . 🙂
These are great tips! I really want to increase my metabolism. My doctor told me I have a low metabolism so even if I eat only few, I get a lot of weight.
Our bodies are mostly water, so our fluid intake helps greatly in metabolism. What we drink really matters!
I hate the building up some muscle because I’d rather do cardio every day but it does make sense!
I never thought hydration could boost metabolism. This is really informative. The only tip I never tried which is mentioned here is the HIIT workouts. I just tick the link and it’s full of information. Anyway, thanks for sharing! 😀
Wow. This is very useful. I never thought that hydration could boost one’s metabolism. Thanks for sharing!
Comments are closed.