You know what’s awesome? The fact that there are SO many places these days that sell affordable workout apparel.
*Puts on old-timey grandma voice*
I remember the days when finding good, cute and affordable workout clothes was a chore. But now, well, they’re on almost every street corner. You young’uns don’t know how good you have it!
But, no, seriously, finding affordable workout clothes is super easy. And here are seven places we love to shop at for them!
7 Stores That Sell Affordable Workout Clothes
1. JCPenney. Have you seen JCPenney’s new Xersion line? Talk about affordable! Even the normal prices for basics like capris and tanks are reasonable ($20 to $40), but they regularly run sales that make some of the items dirt cheap. We were sent a few pieces from the Xersion line (jacket, capris and a tee), and we were pretty impressed. They’re not uber performance or luxurious, but they certainly get the job done — and they’re cute. Heck to the yeah!
2. Old Navy. Besides the fact that I can’t go into an Old Navy this time of year without coming out with no fewer than five pairs of flip flops (all the colors!), nobody beats Old Navy Active when it comes to affordable workout apparel. From basics to prints to comfy yet fit-looking stuff to lounge in, the normal prices are generally around or less than $20, and like JCPenney, they’re almost always running a deal or have stuff on clearance.
3. Target. We’ve loooong been fans of the C9 line at Target and with good reason. The gear is wallet-friendly, full of bright colors and has dang quality for the price. Erin, Tish, Kristen and I all swear by the sports bras and the socks — read our full review here!
4. Academy Sports. I’m not exactly sure how Academy Sports does it, but they do. If you want name-brand gear for less, this is your spot. They run pretty ridiculous deals on Nike, adidas, Under Armour and all of the big names you love. Kind of like a T.J.Maxx, but for fitness!
5. Kohl’s. Erin loves Kohl’s so much that she wrote a whole post about it. They’ve got pretty much any item you’d want — pants, capris, tanks, Ts, sports bras, socks, shoes — and it’s all affordable. Kohl’s changes out its options pretty often, too, so there’s almost always a new deal to score!
6. Forever 21. Yep, we’re serious. Kind of like how you can’t go wrong in the accessory department at Forever 21, they have some surprisingly good and hella cute yet affordable workout clothes, too. If you like your workout clothes to have lots of color or follow fashion trends, Forever 21 is definitely your jam. We just recommend trying it on and maybe sizing up, as they do tend to run a bit small. (Unless, of course, you’re actually a teen, in which case, carry on!)
7. Fabletics. Nobody does affordable like Fabletics. Owned by Kate Hudson, this online store is part shopping and part personal shopper. To get started you take a quick quiz, Fabletics suggests an outfit for you, and then you get to shopping. And your first outfit is only $25 — for the WHOLE OUTFIT! Try it here.
Where do you shop for your affordable workout clothes? We’re always looking for a good deal! —Jenn