Are you a CrossFitter? Know a CrossFitter? Want to be a CrossFitter? If so, these goodies are for you. From getting you pumped up for a WOD to helping you recover quickly to even better allowing you to poop like a cavewoman (yep, we went there), these are the latest must-haves for CrossFitters whether you work out at a box or at home! (New to CrossFit and think we’re speaking in tongues? Check out this post for a little CrossFit lingo explained.)
7 Goodies for CrossFitters
1. WOD Motivation ($9.44). When you’re a CrossFitter, your workouts are as much about mental toughness as they are physical strength. And this book — WOD Motivation: Quotes, Inspiration, Affirmations, and Wisdom to Stay Mentally Tough from New York Times bestselling author Eleanor Brown — gets that! This small but rock-solid book gives CrossFitters the inspiration they need to build their mental toughness and get their bodies and minds through any workout. With affirmations and quotes, it’s an inspiring read that’ll inspire you to 3, 2, 1 … GO!
2. Rocktape Active-Recovery ($33.49). Seen kinesio tape on everyone from professional athletes to your next door neighbor? Yep, us, too. And Rocktape’s Active-Recovery series of athletic tapes are designed to enhance performance and recovery. By creating a bio-mechanical lifting mechanism that lifts the skin away from the soft tissue underneath, this specific kind of tape allows more blood to move into an injured area to accelerate healing and recovery — which is perfect for CrossFitters after a tough WOD. Rocktape is good for knee problems (including meniscus, ACL/MCL and arthritis issues), rotator cuff, groin and hamstring pulls, lower-back issues, shin splints, tennis and golf elbow, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and postural correction. Oh, and it comes in fun colors and designs. (For even more rock-hard recovery, try the brand’s Rock Sauce topical pain reliever, which isn’t playing around.)
3. Squatty Potty ($35). You know how we love to talk about poop! And, the Squatty Potty (which we’ve actually discussed before!) is all about giving you the perfect poop. How is this related to CrossFit? Well, the Squatty Potty gets you in a better, more natural and caveman-like stance to do your business — and we all know that having a good poo pre-workout is a great feeling and allows you to do better at the gym. Bonus: the Squatty Potty also helps ease constipation and hemorrhoids, as well as strengthens pelvic floor muscles. It’s like a workout in the bathroom.
4. myTaT ($5). If there’s one thing among CrossFitters that’s common, it’s that they aren’t shy about declaring their beast-mode nature. So these fun temporary tattoos with fun sayings and designs are perfect for everyone from CrossFitters to runners to yogis to everyone in between. Express yo’self at the gym! (With no next day regret … )
5. THERA°PEARL packs ($11.99-$24.99). Do you always rely on the good ol’ bag of frozen peas to ice after a challenging workout? Well, it’s time to upgrade (and eat those peas!). These THERA°PEARL packs can be chilled or heated (frozen or in the microwave) and hold temperature for the doctor-recommended time of 20 minutes. Like the frozen peas (minus the mush), the packs also stay smooth and soft on your skin as they conform to your body. And they come in all different shapes so that you can pick a pack for the area of the body that you need the most help with — from knees to the back to your shins! Fab for CrossFitters who like to ice, ice, baby.
6. Harbinger Palm Grips ($22). We’ve always been upfront about the blister issues for CrossFitters. But a lot of moves in CrossFit require that you have more mobility and grip in your hands than a full glove will allow. This is where the Harbinger Palm Grips come into play! Made from Durahide leather, these grips give you palm coverage without any finger sockets getting in the way. And if you’re a CrossFitter who’s working out for time, these are fast to get on and off, too. Just fold flat on your palm to use, and fold back on your wrist to clear. Woot!
7. The GRID X Foam Roller ($49.99). We reviewed the GRID foam roller last year, and — at that time — it was one of the hardest and best (most painful) foam rollers we’d been on. But the GRID has a new bigger and badder brother: The GRID X. And HOLY HELL. Twice as firm as the original GRID foam roller (yes, twice), it is perfect for dense tissue on the calves, quads, hamstrings, back and lats. Compact and-travel friendly, it’s great for CrossFitters who love their muscle recovery to be as intense as their workouts. Yeowsers.
Alright, CrossFitters: what goodies are you loving these days? —Jenn