All right gang, do you want to get your workout to feel as if you are attending the best rock festival ever? Well then get your red plastic cups and be ready to show your lighters in appreciation because this 30-minute workout playlist has some of the best classic rock tunes to get your rear in gear. They may be labeled as “classic,” but great music never gets old!
1. The Doobie Brothers, “Long Train Running” (3:28). This is just about THE most perfect song to get a workout started. The beat is infectious and will help you keep a brisk pace.
2. Joan Jett, “Bad Reputation” (2:40). Joan Jett really knows how to howl like a rock star and this is one of my all-time favorite “move your butt faster, now” tunes.
3. The Police, “Every Little Thing She Does is Magic” (4:21). This song is so good — it could have been released this year and you wouldn’t question it. Love me some Police!
4. Guns N’ Roses, “Sweet Child of Mine” (5:56). When I first learned how to play guitar, I begged my instructor to teach me Slash’s opening riff to “Sweet Child of Mine” — but I never mastered it. However, this one still rocks the roof off!
5. Eagles, “Already Gone” (4:16). I still have my “Hell Freezes Over” T-shirt from when the band reunited in the 90s for what was thought to be one tour only. The Eagles are still raking in the big bucks on the road every summer and that T-shirt has not seen the light of day in ages.
6. The Rolling Stones, “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” (3:45). This song is almost 50 years old (holy schnikies!), but it still cooks.
7. Fleetwood Mac, “Go Your Own Way” (3:40). I love to run sprints to this one — Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks broke up before writing it. They sound like they really are singing it AT each other.
8. Pink Floyd, “Wish You Were Here” (5:40). One of the best cool down songs that will guide you to chill out and congratulate yourself on a workout well done!
What are your all-time favorite classic rock workout songs? Please feel free to share! —Margo