7. Microsoft Health Band
This one comes straight from FBG Jenn, who swears by her device.
- It has a built-in heart rate monitor that’s on the wrist only and is WAY accurate (no chest strap!). You can monitor your heart rate all day long — resting, walking, when stressed, etc. Super interesting.
- Ties into your phone with Bluetooth, so you can get calendar updates, email previews and texts to your band (if you want it).
- Sleep tracking is great — gives you how many times you woke up, total hours/minutes of real sleep and a sleep quality number.
- You can see it really well in direct sunlight.
- Has GPS to measure runs/walks, but also has a separate feature to track non-running/walking workouts (note from Ali — every tracker should do this!).
- Works with other sites like mapmyrun, MyFitnessPal.
- Has a UV monitor so you can see how strong the sun’s rays are.
- Have to charge every couple of days (although you can charge it for just a few minutes to get you through a single workout)
- At night, you can sometimes see a bright green light on the back of the band
- Water-resistant but not waterproof
- A little clunky on the wrist
Now I want to try it!