We review a lot of cute workout apparel. But let’s be honest. Not a lot of it comes in sizes that are larger than an XL. And heeello (!) a lot of us need a little more workout wear room than an XL. So we asked our buds on Twitter (plus pulled your awesome suggestions from the comments!) and scoured the net for five great companies that offer plus-size fitness apparel that’s functional — and totally cute!
11 Best Plus-Sized Fitness Apparel Options
1. Old Navy. Who would have thought that Old Navy of all places would have a sweet plus-sized fitness apparel line? But they do. In sizes that go up to 4X, we dig their cute and affordable yoga pants, graphic Ts, hoodies, tanks and compression pants!
2. MODA By Sophia. Finally! A plus-sized company that makes apparel that’s actually designed for activity and has some form and style to it. (We spent hours looking online for options—many of which just offered Spandex shorts and tights for plus-sized women. Um, Spandex is barely flattering on supermodels, let alone normal gals.) Check out our full review here.
3. Nike. Yep, Nike has great plus-sized fitness apparel options. In sizes up to 3X, you can get Nike’s super-popular track running shorts, half-zip jackets, skorts and more. We love ’em and think you will, too. Get them at places like Kohl’s, Dick’s, Dillards and other retail stores — even eBay!
4. Champion. What’s not to love about Champion? Their gear is affordable, good quality and you can buy it at Target (a place that comes just below Trader Joe’s in terms of shopping delight). No matter your plus-size fitness apparel needs, Champion pretty much has them covered. Besides the basics, we’re particularly digging this beautiful patterned tank that comes in sizes up to 4X!
5. Juno Active. This is a brand that a reader recommended, and it’s awesome! Sizes go up to 6X and we are digging the prints and capris they offer in fun colors. (Finally more than just black or gray!)
6. Land’s End. Another reader fave, Land’s End has some dang cute long-sleeved Ts, tanks, jackets and leggings to choose from in sizes up to 3X. We particularly dig the skirted leggings!
7. Xersion. This brand that you can find at JCPenney goes up to 3X in size and features so many bright colors and fun patterns that we can’t pick our favorite piece. So. Darn. Fun.
8. Lola Getts Active. What Lola wants, Lola gets. And, in the case, Lola gets women. They have their own unique sizing chart and have great basics that really embrace the whole “athleisure” trend. (Which we love, by the way.)
10. SportivePlus. Canadians, this one is for you! SportivePlus is oh-so sporty and has sizes up to 3X. Whether you’re doing yoga, playing some tennis or going out on the boat (we’re so jealous if you are!), this line is darn great.
11. FBG Store. Okay, so we don’t have a ton of plus-sized apparel, but we think that what we do have is worth highlighting! And many of them go up to 3X! So, in the true spirit of fit bottoms coming in all shapes and sizes, this line allow you to flaunt your bad self whether it’s doing some yoga, going for a walk or sweating it out at the gym. Wear it proudly, ladies—being a Fit Bottomed Girl is a mindset not a shirt size!
What’s your favorite place to buy plus-sized clothing? Tell us what other great apparel companies we should add to our list! —Jenn