And you are READY to kick dieting, all-or-nothing thinking, and any type of “change” that masquerades as healthy but is really just diet culture (remember, dieting goes by MANY names) to the curb.
Yes! High-fives all around!
But, now what?
Now that you know how to spot diet culture in all of its forms and you’re ready to take your power back, what do you do? What can you do?
How to Take Your Power Back from Dieting
1. Make the commitment to yourself. First, vow to give yourself unconditional self-love and self-compassion, starting now.
2. Begin to tune into your natural hunger and fullness cues. We’ve got a great resource for that there.
3. Shift away from all-or-nothing thinking. Instead, move toward adopting a curious mindset, where you simply see how things feel and note what comes up, with as little judgment as possible. More on that here.
4. Pick activities and foods you love. Do them; enjoy them.
5. Embrace the process. Change and healing doesn’t happen overnight. We’ve been living (and continue to live) in an environment that normalizes diet culture, a world that places your value on your weight and your looks. It takes some time to break those habitual thoughts, patterns, and systems that we’ve been surrounded by for so long, so keep at it, and know that you’re already making a huge difference for yourself and so many others.
Ready to do even more? (Because, really, who has time to let diet culture drag them down for any longer?) And … want to move at a quicker pace than you would going it alone?
Sign up for our signature Love Your Body. Love Your Life online course.
It’s four masterclasses plus bonuses that take you — step by step — through the process releasing yourself from a previous diet-culture mindset. Plus, it provides you with the tools you need to begin to build your very own healthy life that you love. No restrictions, no plans, no rules — just the tools for you to take your power back and be healthy ON YOUR OWN TERMS.
After all, you are the expert on you.