This post on how to increase your metabolism by Bulu Box (remember to use code FBG411 for a free month — we’re an affiliate!) is a part of our fourth-annual Guest Bloggers’ Week. (Check out all of the inspiring, informative, entertaining and life-changing posts here!)
We all know that our metabolism helps convert what we eat or drink into energy. And no matter how badly we’d like to change it, our age, size and gender all factor into how effective our metabolism is. However, there are some tricks you can do today to rev up your metabolism so that you start burning even more calories throughout the day!
How to Increase Your Metabolism
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Water helps our bodies process calories. So if you’re even slightly dehydrated, your metabolism will slow down. Keep your water intake up by keeping a water bottle on your desk, and make it a goal to fill it up two to three times while you are at work.
2. Build some muscle. Pumping some iron and your increasing your iron intake not only helps get us ripped, but it also increases our resting metabolic rate. This means that even though we aren’t doing anything physically, our muscles are burning 6 calories per pound of muscle a day. It may not seem like a lot, but that can add up over time!
3. HIIT workouts. High Intensity Interval Training is getting lots of praise for good reason. The quick intense exercises jump-starts your metabolism and keeps the calories burning long after you’ve stopped sweating. We love Chris Freytag’s HIIT Training sessions to get our heart rate and metabolism up!
4. Keep it spicy. Add a punch of spice to your meals. Capsaicin, an active ingredient in chili peppers, not only adds a kick to your normal dining experience but also boosts your metabolism. Add a dash or two of cayenne pepper or red chili pepper to your next meal.
5. Pour a cup of coffee. The caffeine in your morning cup ritual can not only wake you up for a morning meeting, but it also elevates your metabolism for a short period. The caffeine is absorbed into the blood stream and provides a metabolic boost that peaks a few hours after drinking. Add a punch of protein to that cup of Joe with Ripped Cream protein coffee creamer!
6. Or try green tea! Green tea, which is high in antioxidants, can help to boost metabolism or you can try a product like Shapeology Burn Blend that is powered with ingredients like Green Tea Extract and DMAE.
How do you increase your metabolism every day?