Can you believe 2016 is halfway behind us? While this year has been tearing along like a freight train, the music world has been treating us to really incredible tunes that are energizing and motivating. Here are our favorite 2016 workout songs, so far …
2016 Workout Songs That Rock
1. Justin Timberlake, Can’t Stop the Feeling: J.T. is finally back to his old-school, “dance your pants off” music and the world is most grateful for that. See if you can resist a smile watching his video!
2. Meghan Trainer, No: All of those naysayers who claimed Meghan Trainer was an All About That Bass one-hit wonder are choking on their words now! The singer-songwriter keeps putting out hits like this catchy number that will make you want to push yourself harder through your workout.
3. Beyoncé, Don’t Hurt Yourself: Bey once again dropped a wicked amazing album when none of us were looking, and this song in particular is a butt-kicking wonder featuring blistering guitar from none other than Jack White. You want to bring the fierceness to your next Tabata drills? Crank this one up to 11 and get ready for an awesome sweat session. (Unavailable on Spotify.)
4. Pink, Just like Fire: Yaass, Pink is back! This infectious tune is from the Alice Through the Looking Glass soundtrack and has her trademark “dig deep and take it to the next level” lyrics that will give your motivation a case of the feels.
5. Rihanna (featuring Drake), Work: Can you believe Rhianna has 14 No. 1 singles? Of course you can — because she is the greatest! If you need a little extra incentive to take it up a notch, try listening to this as you work those muscles into a higher gear.
6. The Strumbellas, Spirits: The Strumbellas are a Canadian band that describes its sound as “folk pop-grass,” and this song in particular has been gaining in popularity all year because of its infectious chorus and joyful beat. It’s the perfect cool-down song after an invigorating workout.
What are your favorite workout tunes from 2016 so far? Where do you like to find new music? —Margo