Get in Our Belly: Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
The photo pretty much says it all, right? Crispy, delicious, salty and a little sweet, sweet potato fries are amazeballs. But instead of getting them at a restaurant when they’re all fried and cooked with less-than-healthy oil, why not make them at home? Filled with vitamin A and fiber, this sweet potato fries recipe courtesy of the American Diabetes Association is a cinch to make and totally healthy. Pair them with your favorite healthy burger and get to munching healthfully!
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Three large sweet potatoes (about two lbs.)
4 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp sugar alternative, such as Stevia (optional)
1-2 tbsp of spices of your choice (optional)*
Heinz reduced-sugar ketchup (optional, for dipping)
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into wedges, shoestrings or shape of your choice.
2. Set frying pan to high-heat. Add oil to pan.
3. Place sweet potato pieces in frying pan; add spices.
4. Move and stir fries within pan every two to three minutes.
5. Once fries begin to char at edges and have softened with a crispy outside, they are ready to be removed and placed onto a plate with a paper towel.
6. Let cool, use optional reduced-sugar ketchup for dipping and enjoy!
*Spices that work well include cinnamon, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, rosemary, Italian seasoning, chipotle powder, smoked paprika and Chinese five-spice. Choose one or several!
Any sweet-potato-fries addicts out there? Will you try this sweet potato fries recipe? —Jenn