We all know the classic tuna salad sandwich, but let’s face it — that can get a little old. Not to mention, that mayo ain’t so healthy, ladies and gents. So when I came across this delicious twist, I knew I had to share! It’s super easy, super cheap, and it tastes delish!
Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 hard boiled egg whites, chopped
- 2 small avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the hard boiled eggs and egg whites, avocado, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, green onion, and mustard. Mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
You can slap it between two slices of toasted 100% whole-wheat bread (like I usually do) or use it as a dip with some crackers, veggies, or throw it in a wrap. I also like to throw some spinach in there for an extra nutritional punch.
There ya have it, folks. An affordable, healthy, vegetarian eggalicious lunch for all!
What’s your go-to recipe for a quick, healthy lunch? —Erika