Looking for the perfect healthy Super Bowl recipe? We may just have it. This gluten-free Romesco Dip recipe by Mary’s Gone Crackers (we love ’em, remember?) is simply made by blending red bell peppers with olives and a variety of spices such as smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Healthy, able to feed a crowd, filled with veggies and good fats, and totally delicious, it’ll have your guests cheering long after the fourth quarter. And, yeah, it takes like 5 minutes to whip up. FIVE MINUTES.
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers, patted dry
- ½ cup green, pitted olives, drained
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, garlic, smoked paprika, and cayenne; pulse until coarsely chopped, about 15 to 20 times.
- Add the roasted peppers, olives, lemon juice and vinegar.
- While the machine is running, add the olive oil in a thin stream through the opening and process to a coarse puree.
- Season the sauce with the salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
What healthy Super Bowl recipes do you plan to make? I’ll probably also make a batch (or three) of these cookies! —Jenn