You know that scene in Valentine’s Day where Jessica Biel’s character puts together an “I hate Valentine’s Day party?” (You know which one I’m talking about!) Well, this grilled fruit recipe has nothing to do with that. Gotcha!
As most of us can agree, Valentine’s Day is not only a sweet holiday to enjoy “sweet nothings” from our loved ones (and our girlfriends!) but also a day that our pants can get a little too snug. The mounds of desserts that call out our name alongside our subconscious whispering “it’s just one day …” can get us into overdoing it on the sweet stuff. So here is my sweet solution to this sweet problem … a grilled fruit recipe! (And, hey, you can always do this indoors on a grill pan if it’s too frosty out!)
- Your favorite fruits (My favorite fruits on the grill are strawberries, bananas, not-too-ripe peaches and apples)
- Wooden skewers
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon stevia or honey
- Cut each fruit to easily fit on the wooden skewers.
- If you're heart desires some extra sweetness, mix together cinnamon and stevia or honey in a bowl. Lightly toss fruit in mixture.
- Place fruit on skewers leaving a little room on the end to hold the skewer.
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Place skewers on grill and rotate occasionally until juicy and slightly caramelized.
What’s your fave fruit to throw on the grill? What do you serve it with? —Raquel