What better time than Valentine’s Day to take some time to give yourself a little pat on the back and say, “Yes, I am pretty awesome”? At Fit Bottomed Girls we live by the mantra “love yo’self,” so if you are in the need of a little confidence boost, check out this workout playlist that has been scientifically designed to remind you just how strong and powerful you truly are.
Okay, so not exactly scientific, but we feel pretty confident that it works!
Love Yo’Self Playlist
1. Taylor Swift “Shake it Off” (3:39). Let Taylor Swift teach you how to blow past the “haters” with this song. I love how she embraces the negative comments and turns them into her personal anthem!
2. P!nk “Blow Me One Last Kiss” (4:16). The only drawback to this tune is that there is no way possible I can sing the high notes in the chorus (how many octaves can P!nk sing, anyway?), but it always puts me in the best mood.
3. Lady Gaga “Born This Way” (4:20). If you ever need a reminder that you are one-of-a-kind and deserve some respect, put this workout tune on high blast! You will feel your mood improve immediately.
4. Destiny’s Child “Survivor” (4:14). I love me some solo Beyoncé for sure, but I sure do miss the power tunes from Destiny’s Child. This one in particular gives me the happies!
5. Nicki Minaj “Starships” (3:30). I just adore Nicki Minaj and how much she appreciates the power of individuals. So let your “Starship” flag fly high when you play this song.
6. No Doubt “Just a Girl” (3:25). The next time some dope tries to make you feel inferior for being a female you just remember that Gwen Stefani shut down that garbage in the 90s!
7. Katy Perry “Roar”(3:43). Katy Perry took what would have been depressing situation (her divorce from Russell Brand) and turned it into a rallying cry for single women everywhere. Go Katy!
8. Rihanna “Diamonds in the Sky” (3:45). Take the time to remind yourself that you are rare and wonderful and that you do indeed “shine bright like a diamond.”
9. Bif Naked “I Love Myself Today” (3:29). Are you getting over a breakup and really need some encouragement from a bad-ass rock chick? Then you must immediately download this song and get ready to get over that chump!
10. Christina Aguilera “Beautiful” (3:58). If you can get through Beautiful without crying your eyes out — you are a bigger personal than me!
What songs do you listen to feel empowered? Please feel free to share! —Margo