Sweet. Spicy. Full of veggies.
Yep, that sounds like our ideal dish — and it’s exactly what we have to share with you today. Straight out of the cookbook, Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget by Olivia Biermann, it’s everything you love about roasted veggies, plus sweet, sweet Sriracha. (And you know how we feel about Sriracha!)
Sweet Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
This cauliflower recipe makes a nice change from typical roasted veg because of its unique sweet and hot flavors.
Time: 30 minutes
1 large cauliflower head, chopped into florets
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
2 tbsp (30 mL) Sriracha sauce
1/4 cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup or agave nectar
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
Rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or foil
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Combine the cauliflower and oil in a large bowl; toss to coat.
3. Spread out the cauliflower in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet, setting aside the bowl. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until the cauliflower begins to brown.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together the Sriracha sauce and maple syrup in the large bowl.
5. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and return it to the bowl with the Sriracha sauce mixture, setting aside the baking sheet. Toss to coat.
6. Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet, spreading it out in an even layer; sprinkle with the salt and bake for another 15 minutes, until tender. Remove from the oven; serve.
Tip: Store the roasted cauliflower in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, bake for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 350°F (180°C), or heat in the microwave for 1 minute or until heated through.
How spicy do you like your roasted veggies? I gotta say … I may just have to try this sauce on broccoli and sweet potatoes, too! –Jenn