We’ve featured Chef Robert Irvine before, and today, in celebration of Fit Bottomed Dudes’ Week over on FBG, we’re doing it again! Because when you say “dude” and “fit,” one of the fittest dudes we know is Robert Irvine. In addition to being an amazing author, chef, protein-bar creator and TV star, Robert knows his fitness. In fact, today he’s sharing his six top fitness tips with us all!
6 Fitness Tips From Chef Robert Irvine
1. Make fitness a priority. No matter how busy you are, do something active. Even just a few minutes can help improve your weight and stress levels.
2. Exercise wherever you are. Even if you can’t get to the gym, try to find opportunities to exercise however you can. Try walking or running up and down the stairs or playing outside with your kids.
3. Work out first thing in the morning. Doing this will give you the energy and focus you need to get through the day.
4. Start with cardio. Begin your workout with 20 minutes of cardio to get warmed up and burn fat. Then hit the weights!
5. Eat small meals regularly. Eat mini-meals every two to two-and-a-half hours to speed up your metabolism. Try a handful of unsalted peanuts, fruit, cottage cheese or one of my Fit Crunch Baked Bars.
6. Get 30 grams of protein a day. Aim for 30 grams of protein a day by eating lean meats such as chicken or fish or a protein bar. Protein is an important building block, not only to build muscle, but also to maintain energy and focus.
How many of Chef Robert Irvine’s fitness tips are you regularly following? —Jenn