We know it’s a holiday — you’ve got the bird and those spuds — but hey don’t forget about adding in some green! Oven-roasted Brussels sprouts are a natural with Thanksgiving dinner. Topped with tangy blue cheese and sweet/tart pomegranate seeds, this side dish isn’t just easy to prepare but also rocks the colors of the season!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, yellow leaves removed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- pomegranate seeds
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil to evenly coat.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts to a serving dish and toss with the lemon juice and blue cheese.
- Liberally garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Can you believe I use to be a Brussels sprouts hater? —Karen