The 10 Best Yoga and Pilates DVDs We’ve Ever Reviewed
To continue on our fit journey of giving you the best workout DVD recommendations possible (see the best beginner, intermediate and advanced workout DVDs here!), behold the below top 10 list of the best mind/body DVDs we’ve ever reviewed. With a nice mix of yoga, Pilates and some dance-y type meditation stuff, we guarantee that you can’t go wrong with these titles!
Top 10 Mind/Body Workout DVDs
1. intenSati: Great Body, Great Life: A fab mix of dance, positive affirmations and yoga, this unique workout DVD delivers results and makes you feel really good!
2. Physique 57: The workout standby of Kelly Ripa, this Pilates- and dance-inspired DVD is TOUGH. We guarantee you’ll feel the focused burn!
3. Bob Harpers’Yoga for the Warrior: Oh, Bob! He can really do no wrong in our eyes, but this yoga DVD—being totally objective—is an amazing 60-minute feel-good routine. If you haven’t discovered your love for Bob yet, we guarantee you will after this DVD.
4. Exhale’s Core Fusion Body Sculpt: Known best for its bootylicious cover, this yoga and Pilates DVD delivers serious burn and serious results.
5. Marisa Tomei: Core & Curves: We all want a strong core and sexy curves, right? Well we loved this mind/body DVD for its charm, effectiveness and uniqueness. Not to mention that Marisa Tomei is down to earth and cute as a button in it!
6. Andrea Metcalf’s Keeping Fit Series: While the Pilates DVD in this series is just one disc of three, it was awesome enough to leave a lasting—and sore—impression. With solid instruction and moves to challenge, it’s fit perfection!
7. The Biggest Loser Workout: Weight Loss Yoga: The second Bob Harper-lead yoga DVD on this list, we just had to include this one for its unique use of weights that turn normal power yoga into full resistance training!
8. Element: Yoga for Weight Loss: One of the reasons we love mind/body workouts is because they really focus on quieting the mind and getting in touch with yourself and your emotions. And this beautiful and soothing yoga DVD does just that with a relaxing and powerful 50-minute routine.
9. Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown: This yoga DVD isn’t for the faint of heart. Like most of Jillian Michaels’ workouts, it’s an intense level-one and level-two workout (hooray for progression!) that challenges with lots of planks, standing poses—and the yoga-elite crow pose.
10. Element Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners: With beautiful scenery and a nice mix of cardio and matwork, this workout DVD is a solid introduction to Pilates!
What’s your favorite yoga or Pilates DVD? Tell us about it! —Jenn